There appears to be more blogging options around now than ever before. Although a lot of the popular platforms of the past are being overtaken by more modern, simpler solutions - like medium.com.
I’m after something really simple and easy to manage.
- Blog posts are version controlled and local
- Simple text/markdown editing. Use you favourite editor
- Free with reasonable usage limits
- Need to set it up & know Git (slightly easier with JekyllNow & SourceTree)
- SEO & discoverability. You’re probably going to be talking in a vacuum
- Harder for non-coders. Managing files, linking images, web links etc.
Watch this space to see if it’s successful…